Thursday, June 7, 2012

30 Days of Flowers - Day 7 - Shopping Bag Flowers


This is a repost from last year - Will be back on Day 8 with something exciting
I saw a tutorial to make poms on Martha Stewart and thought I would alter it a bit with what I had on hand. I did try the tissue paper at first, but it ripped easily and could have quickly got expensive. So, as I looked around I saw an endless supply of plastic shopping bags waiting patiently for the garage sale I will probably never have and thought I would try it out. This is what we ended up with. I love them and now we are looking for shopping bags, especially colorful ones, everywhere we go. As we work with them some more I am sure we will find an even better method. Let me know what you think.
**UPDATE**Click here for the tutorial.
My 3 year old brought me home a lonely bouquet of fake roses from the dollar store after a trip to Grandmas house. So, I added the target flower, some Diet Coke Aluminum can frills, and my daughter added in the plastic water bottle flare.
Here is another we created. We had an old peanut butter jar sitting around and stuffed the flower in there. I added a straw to make a stem. I should have added something in the taller vase for the pic, but you get the idea. : )

Here is another variation. I made a pineapple cream cheese carrot cake for a party on Sunday and added in some yellow shopping bag flowers.
 Another variation with blue tissue paper and brown shopping bags. More on the tray later. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment