Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let it Snow



While many of you are getting snow, we are craving it here in Arizona. Yesterday, we sat down and made these fun little snowmen to make up for that loss. They were super easy.

I almost had 6 of them, but the dog ran off with one of their heads and my 3 year old ran off with the other.  Now we have to make more, I think these would be great holiday gifts.  

Next time, I am going to make a “girlie” snow lady and pair her up with a mate. I might add mittens and even some paint or decoration of some sort on the bottom rim of the snowman. Oh, I also placed felt on the bottom of the snowman.



Supply List:
2 inch terra cotta pot
2 inch wooden ball knob (found a 6 pack at Goodwill for $1.50)
1 Sleeve from an old knit tee-shirt (for the stocking caps)
1 Piece of Black Felt (for the top hats)
1 TP or Paper towel roll (for the top hat form)
Twigs (HARD to find in my backyard) cactus needles just didn’t work.
Misc. buttons, ribbon embellishments
Foam paint brush
Old non-working ball point pen or mechanical pencil (used to make the dots)
Blush (color of your choice)
White Paint
Orange Paint

 If you are stopping by please take a moment to say Hello, share your link, ideas, pictures etc. I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Love these snow people! I bet terra cotta pots are plentiful and therefore inexpensive in AZ. Am I right? Unfortunately, here in Bluegrass country there aren't many to choose from and they're pricey. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies. @ D, yes I suppose I take for granted how available these little pots are out here. On the flip side, I wish I could get my hands on some pine cones without paying for them. That is what makes crafting so great, we each get our own unique "ingredients" to create with. I would have a ball picking up goodies in your neck of the woods..I am sure. : )

    ReplyDelete