Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lessons Learned



The past week the girls and I much anticipated the weekend. We planned on making a Capri Sun tote bag and maybe even a wallet. We looked and surfed around and tried to find some ideas. Well, Saturday came and NEVER ended. I was up until 3 a.m. trying to finish this darn thing. My daughter wanted to bring it to school Monday morning to carry the treats she is bringing for the class Halloween party. No pressure.

Here is what I learned:

  • My 1992 Sewing machine needs a tune-up...even more so now!!
  • Regular weight thread and needles don't work for this project.
  • You can only use the seam ripper so many times on Capri Sun pouches ....errrr
  • Sewing the handles on before the trim might be better idea
  • Leave one side panel un-sewn...is that a word?? lol..., sew on the bottom panel then the other side panel...I had to take my side panel completely apart.
  • Use a bit of bleach water in the pouches, rinsing them with water and waiting for them to dry just doesn't cut it.
  • The old cut up jeans I used for trim were cute but bias tape or wide ribbon would have worked just as well.
Anyway, I will make a few more of these....once my sewing machine is working again. I think they will be nice gifts to give for teachers, my fellow nurse friends, the girly cousins in our family and who knows who else. I will try and  do a tutorial on the next round.

Have a great week!

Please take a moment to let me know you stopped by, feel free to grab one of our buttons, or a generic text link AND please visit our links page and our linky parties page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment